Rufus! Rufus! Rufus!
Today I put my Rufus Does Judy DVD in the machine and pressed play. Then I sat back and experienced real music. This music was written in a time when people could play their instruments, could write music, and could sing, could really sing. A time when there was something called 'stage presence,' which we seem to have mostly lost today. Nowadays, we have people who play-write-sing, but do none of them particularly well.
Thank you, Rufus, for bringing the older generations back to the good times, and for giving the newer generations a taste of what it was like when talented people became famous, when an audience could be moved, when a concert wasn't just a concert but was an engulfing experience, to be remembered and talked about long past the deaths of those involved.
When the DVD finished, all I could think to do was start it again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home