Life on KING (or not)
letter sent to NBC on Sat:
Last night, I attempted to watch Life on a Seattle station, KING. Unfortunately, the station remained frozen on the first few seconds of a different show (Kaya, shown on a sister network; no other channels were affected) for at least 20 minutes, and only showed the last 30 minutes or so of Life (and even though I saw only half the episode, it was still one of the best pieces of TV I've ever seen and afterward I raved about it to a friend for at least 20 minutes).
I wanted to bring this to your attention because it may have affected viewership, however minorly, and I don't want Life's fate to be determined because of some computer error probably made by one individual.
The truth is, Life is THE best show on television (and, I think, ever). I sincerely hope that it will be able to run for its whole second season and at least a couple more, regardless of viewer numbers that may not be very high. If only very highly viewed shows were allowed to survive, we would have stations filled exclusively with American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, and CSI (none of which I watch). What a boring and uninspired TV schedule!
Virtually all the shows I currently watch (Chuck, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, and Life being the ones I watch consistently... hey look! 3 of those are on NBC!) have low viewership. But if they weren't on TV, I would be watching nothing. So doesn't it make sense to keep them then?
Life is the best show I have ever watched, and I greatly look forward to it every week. I admit I was very confused at the beginning of the season as to the dates/times of the episodes. Hopefully viewers will be gained, not lost, by this latest change. I commend NBC for picking up Life (and Chuck and Heroes), and hope it will continue to air for at least the full second season and hopefully a third and fourth. Please don't become FOX (I'm still mourning Arrested Development, Firefly, Drive...). You're better than that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home