I had this dream last night that I was an actor on a movie set. On the first day of shooting, there were all these cars all over the place that the crew and we had driven in I guess, but they just kept being in the way. We were inside a small, dark elementary school that had been remodeled really strangely. It seemed to be a set that I remembered from another dream, but I can't really remember it now. It was really dark inside, and the ceilings were low. One large section used to be the gym, but they had stuck this really weird kind of barricade inside, creating an obstacle course. I guess they thought that would be more stimulating for the young 'uns.
The next day of shoot, we were shooting in the school again, but someone really important, like the Queen, was coming to visit the set. As we drove up to the set, there were hundreds of people looking at us from the sides of the street. They were clustered around, watching us, and I recognized a lot of them, though I can't recall any faces. And I never saw the Queen either.
There was also music on the second day, as we were parading down the street. Jason Mraz and his band were playing, but I think there was also another group of music, from a marching band or something. The music from the marching band was really irritating me, because it was preventing me from hearing Jason as much.
Somehow we ended up in a small building remarkably like the Sports Hut in Beacon Hill Park. And the school set just kind of disappeared, the way that always happens in dreams. Now we were in a hilly sort of grassy bit. The grass was really green and well-kept -- no lumps or anything in it, all even.
I went into the Sports Hut (or a building like it, anyway), and it was quite crowded with girls around my age. Then, Jason Mraz came in, except that it wasn't him, it was a girl who I recognized from my tennis lessons back in the spring who I had first mistaken for Meghan Reid. This made me very confused, because all of a sudden Jason was a teenage girl. She went to the bathroom with some of her friends, and then we all ended back outside, on the grassy hill.
On the hill, Jason was laying on the grass, singing/playing some of his songs, and I was listening really happily, though I was still very confused how Jason could be a girl half his true age. All the songs he was playing were kind of fuzzy, until he started Clockwatching, which I definitely recognized. I said, 'That's the most beautiful song I've ever heard,' and then I realized that it wasn't really, so I said, 'They all are.'
So I have yet to figure out the 'deeper meaning' behind this dream. I figure I'm just a bit too obsessed with Jason Mraz & the X-Men 3 set/wishing that I could act. And the two of them kind of merged together. But I really have no idea why Jason ended up being a teenage girl. That's just weird.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home